Colorfuleatsnutrition.com is now up and running! Please visit my new website and sign up to follow today! Next weekend I am giving a free nutritional consultation away to one of my new followers. Spread the word!
To follow simply visit Colorful Eats, click on the “stay in touch” tab and enter your email in the box to the left :)
On Colorful Eats, there is a complete pantry list, healthy eating inspiration, grain-free baking tips, and a section on grass-fed meats and dairy! Lots more information and recipes coming soon.
The latest recipe in the works is a sweet pineapple upside down cake, grain and refined sugar free of course! But here is a sneak peak at the photos!
Colorful Eats is transitioning to a complete and new website! Please follow Colorful Eats for nutritional inspiration and grain-free recipes!
My first recipe is grain-free waffles made with coconut flour and topped with whipped cream. I have been working on my grain-free waffles for quite sometime and finally nailed it just in time for my birthday!
All recipes on the new site will be grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free as always! I will be focusing more on nutritional content and transitioning towards nutritional consulting. As I recently finished my nutrition certification and am now a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, I am very excited about this new stage and adventure of life!
Please visit the new site and enjoy!!!
Last summer my mother and I braved the tiny, windy roads of Southern France, frequently getting lost, but enjoying mountainside towns, local artisans, and colorful farmers markets. At one point, we pulled our car off the side of the road to visit a farmer’s lavender stand, which turned out to be his old farm house. He had buckets of dried lavender and fresh lavender soaps. As I conversed with him in French, I discovered that he and his father had been farming their whole lives. We spoke of the traditional ways of extracting oils and how the countryside turns bright purple in the summer during lavender harvest. He gave us a huge bag of bright red and juicy cherries to munch on the drive home.
Enjoy this buttery cookies or as the French would say les biscuits!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 T butter, softened
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T dried lavender
- 1 T fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Raw honey, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl toss together flours, baking soda, and chopped rosemary.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon (or mortar and pestle) gently crush the lavender to release the oils. Add this to the dry mixture.
- Whip butter and maple syrup. Fold in flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Shape dough into a log shape and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unwrap dough and slice into 1/2 inch round cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are still warm, brush with raw honey if desiring something slightly sweeter.