I always had a fear of these petite cabbage like vegetables until I went to Bo-Beau in Ocean Beach, California. Not only is this French restaurant romantic and totally scrumptious, but they are famous for their fig, balsamic glazed brussels sprouts. With a little love and seasoning, these brussels sprouts will leave you craving for more!
Attempting to eat up left overs and clean out the kitchen, I came across some brussels sprouts this morning and decided to give them a second chance.
Frying with bacon grease is a great way not to waste and get delicious flavor, but at the same time the grease has a high heat point so the fat is not damaged during frying. Cook your bacon ahead of time and save the grease in a mug to use when needed!
- 6 brussels sprouts
- handful of red onion slices
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg
- bacon grease
- salt and pepper to season
- Begin warming frying pan to medium heat.
- Slice brussels sprouts in quarters.
- Add 2 tablespoons bacon grease to fry pan and sauté vegetables for about 3 minutes on high until the outsides are slightly crispy.
- Add bacon crumbles.
- *The key is to have your pan hot before adding grease and veggies.
- Plate the brussels sprout, bacon hash.
- Fry one egg and place on top of the hash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
US Wellness Meats has fabulous pasture raised, grass-fed pork and beef bacon. It is not only delicious but contains no preservatives or nitrates. Bacon adds so much flavor to any dish and is full of protein. Grass-fed animal meat contains many nutrients and the correct ratio of essential omega oils. For more on the importance of grass fed meat see my Rosemary Bacon Eggs.