Mother’s Day celebrations for us growing up came in all forms, but I always remember my dad making Norwegian pancakes and grilled fish for my mom—her favorite!—followed by a walk on the beach. Wishing I could celebrate with my mom and new mother-in-law, I whisked up this banana bread instead!
This recipe is a special treat for Mother’s Day…although it is not too sweet, it is made with lots of love! Many people have asked me for a grain-free banana bread recipe and I have not found one I liked, as they are all loaded with sugar, so I came up with this banana bread made with coconut flour, sweetened with bananas, and topped with a rich maple nut butter. Coconut flour is filled with protein, so this sweet bread is a perfect complete snack or meal!
Happy Mother’s Day! I love you mom, you are truly a Godly and loving inspiration to me :)
Banana Bread with Maple Nut Butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 large/3 small bananas, ripe and mashed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole milk, plain yogurt (Greek is best)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
Maple Nut Butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 1 pound loaf pan.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Continue blending on medium speed for 1 minute to allow coconut flour to soak up the liquids.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow bread to set and cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy topped with a dollup of sweet & creamy maple nut butter!
Maple Nut Butter
- Slice butter and bring to room temperature.
- Using a food processor or nut chopper, finely chop the walnuts.
- Add butter, syrup, and cinnamon and whip (with a hand blender) until light and fluffy.
- Spread onto freshly baked banana bread!