Well, Sunday fun-day was supposed to include a hike to a waterfall, but a Hawaiian tropical storm changed our plans. So as the rain poured buckets and the puppy soundly slept, Stephen and I embarked on a pizza making adventure.
I have been craving BBQ chicken pizza and we had some left over chicken from the other night’s barbecue, so we put it to good use. This pizza is very simple and easy to make! I believe we might have a new favorite comfort food here!
The sweetness of the BBQ sauce and smoky flavor of the gouda cheese combined with fresh avocado slices gives this pizza a fullness of savory flavors.
This almond flour crust is simple to make, but it will create more of a flat bread pizza rather than your traditional fluffy white flour crust. Almond flour is packed with protein and will leave you with a satisfying and healthy pizza experience. Honeyville has the best almond flour as it is finely ground and great for baking, you can also find their almond flour on amazon.com.
Almond flour pizza crust
2 cups almond flour
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough into ball and flatten onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake crust for 7 minutes.
BBQ chicken, sliced
Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
Fresh ground pepper
- Spread a thin layer if BBQ sauce on the pizza crust.
- Add sliced chicken and fresh mozzarella.
- Cover entire pizza with shredded Gouda cheese.
- Bake pizza at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Top with avocado, lettuce and fresh pepper.