Chocolate—can turn a frown upside down or sometimes make the difference between a good afternoon and a great one! This powerful antioxidant made from the tropical cacao plant, when in the right quality, is full of nutrients and minerals…and it just tastes delightful!
Originally labeled the “Food of the Gods,” cacao comes in powder, nibs, butter, or bar form. True chocolate is dark, rich, slightly bitter and exotic in taste. Surprisingly true dark chocolate or cacao contains no sugar. These dense, chocolate macaroons are sweetened with raw honey for a delightful dessert. You will find yourself craving these mini treats, but they are guilt, grain, and sugar free…so eat and enjoy!!
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chips or bar (this step is optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together, stir thoroughly.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, scoop and pack coconut mixture down tightly.
- Place shaped macaroons on parchment paper lined cookie tray.
- Bake macaroons for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- While macaroons are cooling, place cookie tray in the freezer (allowing tray to cool first).
- Melt chocolate and dip cooled macaroons into melted chocolate.
- Place immediately on frozen cookie sheet so that chocolate shapes to the macaroon.
- Macaroons can be stored inrefrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 20 macaroons.
Where to find the ingredients…Unsweetened shredded coconut—“Lets Do Organic” Coconut flour—Bob’s Red Mill Cacao Powder—Navitas Naturals Coconut Milk—Thai Kitchen